As of now we are no longer accepting applications for 2019.
We will be accepting REM 29 applicants later in the 2020 Spring semester. Please follow us on our social media platforms for recent updates!
No paper applications and/or materials will be accepted. Full applications must be completed online and with a rolling deadline. Please be sure you have read the 2019 Application Informational before you submit your application. Read all application directions thoroughly. Only students whose applications are complete and have adhered to the directions given will be considered for participation in the UMBC McNair Scholars Program.
The following items must be submitted as part of your application to be evaluated:
- McNair Scholars Program Application with financial information
- Copy of Tax Return (Summary only. This is usually 1-2 pages long.)
- Unofficial UMBC Transcript
- Personal Statements (Proposed Research Projects & Program Interest)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Spring Class Schedule